ideaLabs 2014 Information
Every spring the EEC sponsors ideaLabs, an idea competition where undergraduate students from across the
region compete for recognition as the champion. ideaLabs encourages all students, from all disciplines, to
think about new venture ideas, apply the feasibility study methodology and answer the three key questions:
Is there a market? Do the financials make sense? And what resources are necessary?
Each EEC member school holds its own campus idea competition to determine who will
represent their institution at ideaLabs.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
4:00pm – 7:00pm
Richard E. & Sandra J. Dauch College of Business & Economics
401 College Avenue, Ashland, OH 44805
(Bldg. #18 on campus map)
Click here for ideaLabs2014 flyer (pdf)
For more information contact:
Read F. Wakefield
Director, The Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurial Studies
ideaLabs Basic guidelines:
- ideaLabs is for undergraduate students only from EEC member institutions.
- A team can consist of 1-5 students.
- The concept/idea must be new and must have been developed in the current academic
- The Concept Paper should not exceed a maximum of 10 pages, double spaced, 1” margins
and 12 point font. Up to five pages of appropriate support documents, charts, examples,
drawings, etc will be accepted. See attachment for what the Concept Paper should
- The Concept Paper must be uploaded to the
EEC ideaLabs registration site by 12:00pm on March 28.
- Final Powerpoint (2007 compatible) Presentation are due no later than Noon on Monday,
March 31, 2014 (no changes permitted after this date). Submit via the
EEC ideaLabs registration site.
- A more complete description of the guidelines is presented
- Each entrant will have 7 minutes for their presentation followed by 3 minutes of
judges’ Q&A .
- There will be a 2 minute transition time between contestants.
- Order of presenters will be randomly determined.
- Powerpoint presentations will already be loaded on a computer/laptop provided by
- Participants are encouraged to arrive early to set up their presentation so it will
be ready to access for their presentation.